Harvest Salad Recipe with Pumpkin Dressing
Posted by Dorry Tolson on October 8, 2012
Salads aren’t just for summer. They’re a simple, straightforward way to add nutritious, seasonal ingredients to your diet year-round. Integrative Nutrition graduate Dianne Wenz, class of 2009, shares her spin on a harvest salad featuring fall produce, such as apples and pumpkin. You can also personalize this dish by adding your favorite fruits, nuts, and protein.
Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Vinaigrette
Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 4 – 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small green apple, sliced
- One cob of fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 or 4 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Mix all of the ingredients for vinaigrette in a blender.
2. Toss salad ingredients in a bowl, and top with the dressing.
Connect with Dianne: