Simple Recipe for Garden Fresh Tomatoes
Posted by Dorry Tolson on September 4, 2012
Tomatoes are at the top of the list of abundant summer produce, which is wonderful since they are so versatile! From salads and salsas to veggie kabobs, tomatoes are a welcome addition to countless healthy recipes.
Whether you had a successful tomato harvest in your personal garden, or you picked some up at a local Farmers Market over the weekend, this simple recipe is the perfect way to use up your end-of-summer tomatoes. Thanks to IIN student Abby Hughes from fig & fork for sharing this delicious recipe with us!
(gluten-free, raw, vegan)
- Tomatoes – select a variety of colors for a visually appealing dish
- Extra virgin olive oil – this is a perfect excuse to use your best olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Quarter the tomatoes and squeeze out some of the seeds.
- Chop the tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Add salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Add torn basil as a fresh addition.
- Let the mixture sit out for a few hours at room temp before serving.
Connect with Abby:
What’s your favorite dish using fresh tomatoes?