The toughest part of eating healthy is often meals on-the-go. It takes a little planning, but just a few minutes at home can save you from the trap of store-bought, packaged, processed foods.
We like wraps for a convenient snack or light meal, as they can easily be tailored to suit your personal tastes and dietary preferences. This IIN student, Catherine Vo, layers her wrap with fresh vegan ingredients.
Hummus Kale Wrap
- Hummus (a great homemade recipe: classic hummus)
- Bell pepper
- Chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flax seed oil (optional)
1. Shred carrots. Slice bell pepper into strips. Roughly chop cilantro. Rip up kale leaves.
2. Spread hummus onto a tortilla of your choice
3. Layer vegetables and cilantro on top of the hummus.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle with chili flakes and drizzle with flax seed oil, as desired.
6. Wrap and enjoy!
*Whole wheat, organic corn, or gluten-free tortillas are widely available alternative to white flour. If you’re looking for a lighter meal or snack, you can also try wrapping your ingredients in raw collard greens.
Connect with Catherine: